Three types of software for business management
Three types of software for business management are in use:
BPM (business process management) software
This type of software supports employees in their execution of business functions. Examples of BPM software are for instance:
- Sales function: Funnel /pipeline management software, call center software, customer feedback software.
- Product development function: Development project management software
- Manufacturing function: ERP software
- Purchasing function: Supplier management software
- Customer assurance: Customer feedback software
"Dashboards often provide at-a-glance views of KPIs (key performance indicators) relevant to a particular objective or business process (e.g. sales, marketing, human resources or production)In real-world terms, "dashboard" is another name for "progress report" or "report." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashboard_(business)"
For the examples listed above a dashboard could show, for instance:
- Sales function: Pipeline volume, opportunity win rate,
- Product development: Project buffer consumed
- Manufacturing function: On time/complete delivery
- Purchasing function: Supplier rating
- Customer assurance: number feedbacks by type, time to reply/resolve.
Project management software
Project management software supports teams in leading projects with functions for designing, planning, execution, controlling and concluding projects.
The DELTA T Cockpit: Project management software for agile operational leadership
Operational sales leadership: Leading complex distributed projects
Operational plans are project plans aimed at resolving existing or expected constraints, which hinder the sales ecosystem to achieve the operational sales goal.
Leading company units
Based on the "doing five things right" principle the DELTA T Cockpit simplifies the task of operational leadership. It supports leaders and operational teams to:
- Set the right operational goals (with goal charts),
- Design the right operational plans,
- Lead execution of operational plans (tracking progress in quick reviews),
- Check these plans with deep reviews, and
- Lead the PEC cycle and the development of a culture of operational excellence.
Leading organizational units
In business organizations each unit needs to apply its own PEC cycle and the related tasks. The DELTA T Cockpit supports this work individually by unit and thus offers focused and relevant oversight for the entire organization.
- Scalable: from small start-up to global enterprises
- Flexible: easy to manage reorganizations (splitting, merging, changes of accountability)
- Easy to use: one single screen for all users, with only four widgets: (1) operational sales goal, (2) work desk of user, (3) level of operational excellence and (4) mailbox.
- Worldwide access: for members of operational teams.
- Software as a service: no cost for company internal I.T.